Oil & Gas Resources
Oil & Gas Basins
Maps & Publications
Oil & Gas Facts
Maps and Publications
Online Oil and Gas Map of Wyoming
The WSGS's Online Oil & Gas Map of Wyoming
is updated yearly or as new information becomes available. This map displays oil and gas layers
including pipelines, oil refineries, gas plants, oil and gas
fields and their producing reservoirs, hydrocarbon products, and production status. The online map is available to the public
at no charge and is found by clicking on the map image to the right.
The 2016 version of the Oil & Gas Map of Wyoming can be downloaded for free or purchased as a printed copy.
Below is a list of selected recent WSGS oil and gas maps and publications. Additional oil and gas related products are available from our online catalog. Most publications can be downloaded free of charge.
- Stratigraphy and Hydrocarbon Potential of the Fort Union and Lance Formations in the Great Divide and Washakie Basins, South-Central Wyoming, 2016
- Preliminary Geologic Map of the Ervay Basin Quadrangle, Natrona County, Wyoming, 2016
- Preliminary Geologic Map of the Ervay Basin SW Quadrangle, Natrona County, Wyoming, 2016
- Preliminary Geologic Map of the Shamrock Hills Quadrangle, Carbon County, Wyoming, 2015
- Wyoming's Oil & Gas Resources Summary Report, 2015
- Preliminary Geologic Map of the North Ridge Quadrangle, Johnson County, Wyoming, 2014
- Shale Gas Potential of the Mowry Shale in Laramide Basins, 2010
Ranie Lynds (307) 766-2286 Ext. 235
Rachel Toner (307) 766-2286 Ext. 248